Best Keyword Research Tips to Ignite your SEO
In this article, I’ll cover some of my best keyword research tips that are sure to kick your SEO game up a notch or ten.
Keyword research is a critical component of an effective SEO strategy.
Finding the right keywords to dedicate your time to ranking so you get the most bang for your buck.
Another factor to consider is how many potential winning keywords your leaving on the table by not doing keyword research correctly.
The first step we’re going to cover is creating a list of services and products you provide.
I’ll use our business as an example:
- Web Design (12,990,000,000 results on Google)
- Digital Marketing (Results are missing from this search now. New update from Google, guess.)
- Branding (1,580,000,000 results on Google)
As you may notice, this is a list of top-level keywords. Each has billions of results. For instance “Web Design” has 12,990,000,000 results as of 4/20/2021. That a lot, lol. Don’t ven go there, yet…
Let’s break down this list a little further.
Narrow Your List
Let’s take web design as our example for our narrowed-down list. Let’s break down some long-tail keywords and lateral services that may be easier for your team to rank for.
- WordPress Designer (111,000,000 results on Google)
- UX Developer (65,900,000 results on Google)
- Website Development (15,560,000,000 results on Google)
I realize these results aren’t much better at the top level. However, these keywords are still just the start. Getting you in a habit of researching for keywords ina different way by thinking like an SEO and not a consumer.
Narrow the list more
Some other ways to narrow down this list is selecting your specific areas of expertise or locations you perform these services.
For instance, locations:
- Web Design Las Vegas (236,000,000 results on Google – still not great)
- wordpress development las vegas (4,530,000 results on Google – still not great)
- ux design company las vegas (3,530,000 results on Google – still not great)
Now expertise break down
Before you stop me on this one. I know for a fact this works. My customers have talked about using specialists in like this. They said they did a specific search for this.
- shutter web design company (22,600,000 results on Google – still not great)
- plumber web design company (90,800,000 results on Google – still not great)
- meal prep web design company (48,000,000 results on Google – still not great)