Best Keyword Research Tips to Ignite Your SEO
Tips for Effective Keyword Research
In this article, I will share some of my best tips for effective keyword research that can significantly improve your SEO game.
Keyword research is a crucial component of any successful SEO strategy. By identifying the right keywords to focus on, you can ensure that you get the maximum value for your efforts. On the other hand, if you do not conduct keyword research correctly, you may miss out on potential winning keywords that can benefit your website’s ranking.
List your products and services to identify what you offer and how people would search for a company like yours.
I’ll use our business as an example:
- Web Design (12,990,000,000 results on Google)
- Digital Marketing (Results are missing from this search now. New update from Google, guess.)
- Branding (1,580,000,000 results on Google)
Here’s a list of popular keywords that you might find helpful. Did you know that the term “Web Design” has a whopping 12.99 billion search results as of April 20th, 2021? It’s always interesting to see how certain keywords perform in terms of search volume, and this one is definitely a popular one.
Let’s break down this list further.
Narrow Your List
Let’s use web design as an example for our narrowed-down list. We can break down some long-tail keywords and lateral services that may be easier for your team to rank for.
- WordPress Designer (111,000,000 results on Google)
- UX Developer (65,900,000 results on Google)
- Website Development (15,560,000,000 results on Google)
At the top level, the results are not significantly different. However, these initial keywords are just the beginning and will help you cultivate an SEO mindset rather than a consumer one.
Narrow the list more
To refine your options, select your areas of expertise and locations where you offer services. Consider locations and services that may attract people from unexpected places.
For instance, locations:
- Web Design Las Vegas (236,000,000 results on Google – still not great)
- wordpress development las vegas (4,530,000 results on Google – still not great)
- ux design company las vegas (3,530,000 results on Google – still not great)
Now, expertise break down.
Before you stop me on this one, I know for a fact this works. My customers have talked about using specialist industries and artisans like this. They said they did a specific search for this.
- shutter web design company (22,600,000 results on Google – still not great)
- plumber web design company (90,800,000 results on Google – still not great)
- meal prep web design company (48,000,000 results on Google – still not great)