Create a child post for acf
If you’d like to create a child post for ACF, then this article may be for you, or at the very least inspire more exploration of the idea.
I found this code when doing a search for useful add-ons for Elementor. I haven’t tried it yet but thought this was an excellent idea, and something I’ve been considering integrating for some time now.
Here are a few examples from the Github page of how these child posts can be used.
Examples of use case might include:
- House -> Rooms
- Degree Programs -> Courses
- Teams -> Team Members
- Products -> Product Variations
- Workshop -> Speakers
According to the Github code author’s description this code allows for the ability to edit related posts directly from a parent post or add child post for ACF.
However, some things to think about before you download this code
- It hasn’t been updated for 4 years according to Github documentation
- It’s not on the WordPress marketplace
- Both authors of the code, Stanislav Khromov and Lucas Stark look active on Github, so if there are any problems with the code, I’m sure the team would assist (please keep in mind this may incur a cost if they are even interested.)
or download directly here for free.
21,958 total views, 3 views today